You want to bridge lengthy tracks without long conveyor belts and as flexibly as possible? Then you won't get by without mobile materials handling technology. MOVITRANS® is the ideal power supply system for your needs – contactless, silent and wear-free. No space for a control cabinet? With the new decentralized MOVITRANS® you save space and time.
Reliable contactless power supply with MOVITRANS® – now also available without control cabinet
In many production facilities, machines and systems have to be connected over lengthy distances. In the past, expensive and high-maintenance conveyor belts or vehicles requiring a human driver were needed for this task. Nowadays, mobile transport systems easily bridge such distances.
If storage material and goods have to be transported over these long distances both as quickly as possible and clean at the same time, our MOVITRANS® is the perfect energy supply system for automated guided vehicles. This also applies to contamination-sensitive areas where contamination caused by energy transfer has to be avoided.
The solution: With MOVITRANS®, the socket is basically on board. The energy transfer is contactless via an air gap which makes the electromagnetic connection entirely maintenance-free and wear-free. This contactless energy supply enables high speeds of more than 10 m/s.
It operates on the principle of inductive energy transfer. Electrical energy is transferred without contact from a fixed conductor or in a stationary manner from a breakpoint via a field plate (charging plate) to one or more mobile consumers. Time-consuming, cumbersome cable carrier and conductor rail systems have become a thing of the past
Save costs – in terms of investments, startups and during operation
All in all, the MOVITRANS® decentralized contactless energy transfer system is your ideal choice if you want to keep your costs low and boost your productivity:
- Reduce installation and startup times due to easy handling and the unnecessity of control cabinet installations
- Considerably reduce your investment costs since you can reuse most parts of your existing components if your factory and the system design are changing. And there is no need for new investments.
- Save costs due to the high energy efficiency: The combination of the latest component technologies and short power distribution distances for line or selective charging ensure highly efficient plant operation
- Sustainably minimize your maintenance efforts as MOVITRANS® increases the plant availability.
Last but not least, using our MOVITOOLS® MotionStudio engineering software makes startup and operation of the decentralized and contactless MOVITRANS® technology extremely simple.
Get in touch with us
- Our experts know your industry and your requirements
- Our global network ensures we are close wherever and whenever you need us
- We have the expertise and tools to provide optimum advice and support
Easier installationNo control cabinet is needed to accommodate the supply and all inputs/outputs are pluggable
Easier configurationWith its individual system components, MOVITRANS® can be easily adapted to suit changing system tasks and modifications
Increased productivityMOVITRANS® offers maximum system reliability and is wear-free and maintenance-free
Increased energy efficiencyThanks to the latest component technologies and short power distribution distances for line or selective charging
Reduced investment costsMost parts of your existing components can be reused if your factory and the system design are changing
Reduced operating costsMOVITRANS® is easy to handle, increases the system availability and considerably reduces the maintenance efforts
Comprehensive and unit-independent
- Technology is based on the principle of inductive energy transfer
- Electrical energy is either transferred from a fixed conductor dynamically during travel or in a stationary manner from a breakpoint via a field plate
- Electromagnetic connection is made via an air gap and is maintenance-free and wear-free
- Contactless energy transfer system is emission-free and resistant to contamination
- Simple operating principle with significant practical benefits in system operation
Areas of application
Perfect for materials handling
MOVITRANS® comprises both stationary and mobile system components. These can be integrated into existing automation systems quickly and easily:
- For routing the line cable in the floor, the flat pick-up is used.
- The air gap between the line cable and the pick-up can be up to 20 mm. This enables high transmission power even in situations where the pick-up does not always occur at a constant distance above the line cable.
You do not need a control cabinet
Energy is supplied dynamically during travel via lines routed in the floor
Energy is supplied in a stationary manner at a breakpoint via a field plate installed in the floor (selective charging)
1TES decentralized supply unit
2Line cable via TLS medium-frequency cable
3TFS field plate
System components for the stationary section of your system
TES decentralized supply unit
- No control cabinet required
- Power: 3.2 kW to 16 kW
- Line voltage Vline: 230 V – 500 V +- 10%
- Degree of protection: IP54
- All device inputs and outputs are designed as plug connectors
TVS connection distributor
- Degree of protection: IP65
TCS compensation box
- Degree of protection: IP65
- Compensates a track length of 25 m to 30 m
TFS field plate:
- Directly connected to TES decentralized supply unit
- Dimensions with installation frame: diameter 373, height 77 mm
Floor routing of TLS medium-frequency cable
- Double cable jacket
- Line cross section: 25 mm2, 41 mm2
Installation components for TIS line cable routing
- Holding fixture for profile section
- Flexible or rigid profile section
- 8 mm2 cross section of TLS medium-frequency cable inserted into profile section
- 6 x 6 mm2 cross section of TLS supply cable (not shown in figure)
System components for mobile transport units
TPM12B mobile converter
- Nominal output power:
- When 4 THM10C are connected: max. 3.6 kW
- When 2 THM10E are connected: max. 3.0 kW
- Output voltage: DC 500 V
- Additional output voltage: 24 V, max. 2 A
- Degree of protection: IP65