Smart Industry Readiness Index (SIRI) workshop
Created by the Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB), the Smart Industry Readiness Index (SIRI) comprises a set of frameworks and tools to help manufacturers in their digital transformation journey. Suitable for manufacturers regardless of size and industry type, SIRI covers the three core elements of Industry 4.0: Process, Technology, and Organization.
Discover The Digital Transformation Potential
SIRI workshop from SEW-EURODRIVE Singapore
The vendor-independent Official SIRI Assessment is an in-house 2-day workshop (available online as an option) supported by stakeholders from key functions within your company.
SEW-EURODRIVE will formally assess your organization's current state across a set of 16 dimensions, spanning processes, technology and organization characteristics. After comparing with industry sector best-in-class metrics, performance targets and strategic objectives, investment priorities are analysed using a company-specific cost structure. Additional value is created during the workshop by introducing a common vocabulary and reference for all functions within the company, catalysing decisions on future initiatives.
Together with SEW-EURODRIVE's Certified SIRI Assessors, you will be able to tap into the various experiences and technologies used in our smart factory to help formalize your Industry 4.0 transformation roadmap with the SIRI findings and see the actual benefits of it.
In this workshop, participants will get an understanding of the key concepts of Industry 4.0 ,and the SIRI frameworks and tools.
The workshop shall comprise of 2 key exercises:
• Evaluation of the current Industry 4.0 maturity state of their manufacturing plant using the Assessment Matrix.
• Identification of priority SIRI Dimensions for the company to focus on to create the biggest impact using the Prioritization Matrix.
At the end of the workshop, an Official Report will be issued covering the Assessment Matrix scores, Prioritization Matrix results and Recommendations for development.
- General Manager, Heads of Department (Operation, Engineering, Quality, Procurement, Logistics, HR, Finance, etc), Subject Matter Expert (SMEs) who are knowledgeable about how the company operate in the various processes.
- Participants are having an active role in the leadership team and are responsible for decision-making.
- No pre-requisite required.
Participants will get to understand
- the concepts of Industry 4.0
- the frameworks of SIRI and relevant insights
- the definitions and banding of the 16 SIRI Dimensions, and evaluate the company’s current level of readiness across the 16 SIRI Dimensions via the Assessment Matrix
- the TIER framework and Prioritization Matrix
- the company’s cost profile and key business objectives
- the company’s proximity to the selected industry best-in-class benchmark
- the Focus Dimensions for the future development
Day 1 (1 day):
- Industry 4.0
- History of Industrial Revolutions
- Origins of Industrial 4.0
- Key Characteristics of Industry 4.0
- Key Principles of Industry 4.0
- Key Technologies of Smart Factories
- Smart Industry Readiness Index (SIRI)
- Introduction to SIRI
- LEAD Framework
- The SIRI Framework
- Factory tour
- Assessment Matrix (AM)
- Definitions of the 16 Dimensions
- Assessment Matrix exercise
Day 2 (0.5 day):
- Recap of Day 1
- Prioritization Matrix (PM)
- TIER Framework
- Prioritization Matrix exercise
Day 3 (0.5 day):
- Recap of SIRI assessment evaluation
- Report debrief
- Presentation of key components of the report, namely the Assessment Matrix Score and the prioritized SIRI Dimensions
- Share insights and best practices related to the prioritized SIRI Dimensions for the company
- Presentation, group exercise and discussion.
- Onsite or Virtual
Book your SIRI workshop
SEW Singapore SIRI experience
To meet the dynamic market situation and improve on its production capabilities, SEW-EURODRIVE Singapore has conducted the Official SIRI Assessment (OSA) in 2021. With its certified SIRI assessor performing the SIRI workshop, SEW-EURODRIVE Singapore got a current snapshot of its operations and determined the highest impact value dimensions to focus on for their Industry 4.0 transformation roadmap planning.
The planned improvements include:
- Enhancing connectivity
- Implementing dashboard-monitoring system on inventory
- Developing plans for leadership Industry 4.0 competency building
SIRI helped us to find out how well aligned our Processes, Technologies and Organization truly are ...
... The results confirmed that previous upgrading efforts greatly contributed to our company’s transformation goal but it also bluntly revealed areas that we had neglected and that need more attention in the future. Ultimately the SIRI analysis showed us how well our company is prepared to transform into a future-ready organization.
What is Smart Industry Readiness Index (SIRI)?
Why is Industry 4.0 transformation important to your company? What is the current state of the digital transformation of your company? What to focus on in your Industry 4.0 transformation journey?
With digitalization and Industry 4.0 technologies adoption gaining momentum over the recent years, many companies are seeing the benefits that Industry 4.0 technologies can provide when adopted at scale. As extracted from a recent McKinsey survey of more than 400 global manufacturing companies, 94% of respondents indicated that Industry 4.0 helped them to keep their operations running during the crisis, and 56% said the digital transformation they undertook was essential to their pandemic responses.
However, with limited resources, many companies face challenges in prioritizing and implementing a roadmap for their Industry 4.0 transformation. To assist companies, regardless of size and industry, start, scale, and sustain their transformation journey, the Smart Industry Readiness Index (SIRI) methodology was developed by the Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB) in partnership with various companies.
With almost 1,000 assessment results gathered across 14 industry sectors internationally, the independent SIRI Benchmark Reference is becoming a recognized framework for accelerating digitization in manufacturing.
The Smart Industry Readiness Index (SIRI) comprises a suite of frameworks and tools and covers the three core elements of Industry 4.0: Process, Technology, and Organisation
SEW-EURODRIVE Singapore: "The SIRI analysis can help you to prepare for a future-ready organization."
A neutral Official SIRI Assessment (OSA) allow the companies to:
- Characterize the current state of their manufacturing plants/factories
- Identify high-impact areas for improvement
- Benchmark against industry peers